GEOP: Distinguished Lecture Series
- Prof. Nancy Sinkoff (Rutgers University) - The Jew and the Prince: Mendel Lefin and Prince Adam Kazimierz Czartoryski. The Case Study of the Relations between Aristocracy and Jews
- Prof. Shaul Stampfer (Hebrew University) - Are Jews Descendants of Khazars?
- Dr. Uri Huppert - Who is a Jew?
- Prof. Moshe Rosman (Bar-Ilan University) - Where Did Hasidism Come From?
- Prof. Tsvia Walden (Ben-Gurion University) - How Did Hebrew Become an Everyday Language?
- Prof. Natan Sznaider (Academic College of Tel-Aviv Yaffo) - Is There a Jewish Politics of Holocaust Remembrance?
- Prof. David Biale (University of California) - A People That Dwells Alone? Jewish History and the Culture of a Minority
- Prof. Michael Steinlauf (Gratz College in Philadelphia) - What Does That Dybbuk Want? A Century of Remembering and Forgetting
- Prof. Zvi Eckstein (Tel-Aviv University) - Quills over ploughs. Why were there so few Jewish farmers?
Prof. Judah Cohen (Indiana University) - What is Jewish music?
Prof. Antoni Sułek (Uniwersytet Warszawski) - Researcher – Witness – Storyteller. Preserving the local memory of the Jewish Holocaust
This program was made possible thanks to the Taube Foundation for Jewish Life & Culture, the William K. Bowes, Jr. Foundation, and the Association of the Jewish Historical Institute of Poland.