Sources documenting the history of Poland’s Jewish community are scattered all over the world. They can be found in many countries, including Poland, the United States and Israel. The POLIN Museum Resource Center gathers information on resources available from other institutions, and facilitates access to them. We also offer access to a library as well as various types of resources for conducting historical, genealogical and local research. We invite scholars, students, teachers and all those with a passion for Polish Jewish history to take advantage of our tools, professional consultations and workshops.
Thanks to our cooperation with a number of organizations and institutions committed to preserving Jewish heritage in Poland, you will find a lot of useful information at the POLIN Museum Resource Center.
The Resource Center offers:
- access to experts in various areas of history.
- a specialist library dedicated to the history, culture and religion of Polish Jews
- free access to databases devoted to the history and genealogy of Polish Jews, including MyHeritage, USC Shoah Foundation, Jewish Records Indexing – Poland, Centropa, Virtual Shtetl, The Polish Righteous – Recalling Forgotten History, Central Judaica Database, Resource Center catalogue, and others.
- a collection of historical maps of the Second Polish Republic, including street plans
- multimedia presentations on the history and culture of Polish Jews displayed on an interactive artistic installation (MAKROFILM)
- an index of towns in interwar Poland in Yiddish and Polish
- a collection of prewar photographs of everyday Jewish life in selected towns in interwar Poland.
Tactile graphics presenting selected objects from the core exhibition are available to visually impaired visitors. The tactile graphics are reproductions of objects in convex print. They are supplemented by a book with the history of the objects in Braille. At the Resource Center, equipped with convenient seating and tables, you can explore large-format tactile graphics of maps.
Individual staff consultations in the following fields:
- Where to search for one’s roots
- How to care for local Jewish heritage
- Genealogical research – How to get started
- Interviews with Polish Righteous among the Nations
- How to care for family mementos
Please contact us to reserve a place or ask a question: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday – Sunday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- 19th September
- 1st November
- 24th-25th December
- 31st December.
Due to renovation works on 21-23 August, there will be no access to the Resource Center book collection. From 24 August till 31 October, you will be able to order books by filling in a call slip no later than 3PM at the Resource Center. Orders placed later than 3PM will be ready on the following day. The books ordered shall be delivered within 180 minutes.