Call for papers for International Conference: Operation Reinhardt and the Destruction of Polish Jews
This conference marks the 80th anniversary of Aktion Reinhard – a Nazi operation to exterminate Jews in German-occupied central Poland, between March 1942 and November 1943. Although Operation Reinhardt remains our primary focus, we are interested in the wider process of the destruction of Jews from 1941 until 1945 within the territory of the pre-war Second Polish Republic.
- Conference date: 27-29 November 2022, POLIN Museum, free admission.
- Applications in English until April 30, 2022.
- Application form >>
- POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews, Warsaw,
- Polish Center for Holocaust Research, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw,
- State Museum at Majdanek – The German Nazi Concentration and Extermination Camp (1941-1944), Lublin,
- The Center for Holocaust Studies at the Leibniz Institute for Contemporary History, Munich-Berlin,
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, Washington D.C.
The conference is organized within the Global Education Outreach Program.
The conference is supported by Taube Philanthropies, the William K. Bowes, Jr. Foundation, and the Association of the Jewish Historical Institute of Poland.