8–10 June 2016
Conference: Jewish Cultural Heritage. Projects, Methods, Inspirations
The conference explored issues related to Jewish cultural heritage in contemporary Europe – preservation, animation, engagement, and impact.
For whom is Jewish cultural heritage being preserved and interpreted? What is its role in the renewal of Jewish life and memory? What is its impact on local and diasporic communities? How does Jewish cultural heritage figure in educational, artistic, and cultural programs? How is it deployed in wider historical and contemporary discourses?
We looked at these issues through the prism of specific projects and initiatives – historic sites, heritage routes, museums, exhibitions, educational programs, artistic interventions, and new media. Participants shared innovative methods, ideas and good practices. Creative international networking was the focus of the third day of the conference.
We invited practitioners, museum professionals, educators, artists, and people working on a Jewish cultural heritage project to participate in the conference. We encouraged them to contribute and create the program of the conference by submitting their abstracts in the open call. We hoped to have presentations about as diverse a group of projects as possible.
The conference was organized in collaboration with The Center for Studies of Holocaust and Religious Minorities in Norway and the “Never Again” Association from Poland. The conference was consulted with, among others, the beneficiaries of the Norway and European Economic Area Grants who conducted projects on Jewish cultural heritage, supported by the EEA 2009-2014 Financial Mechanism and the Norwegian Financial Mechanism 2009 – 2014 as part of the bilateral cooperation.
The conference was held in English and Polish.
- 31 Mar 2016 – Closing of the open call
- 1 Apr – 14 Apr 2016 – Evaluation of the abstracts and preparation of the final version of the program
- 14 Apr – 30 Apr 2016 – Registration of the presenters
- 02 May – 31 May 2016 or until all places have been filled – Participants registration
- 08 Jun – 10 Jun 2016 – Conference
Contact and informations
- Małgorzata Owczarska – project coordination firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karol Kwiatkowski – communications and promotion email@example.com
- Main e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
Supported from the Norway and EEA Grants by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.