Donation of an item to the collection
We develop our collection using various methods of acquisition and some of the important items in our collection are the memorabilia, documents and stories received from you. It is thanks to you that valuable objects, photographs or reports of a unique nature are added to our collection.
We encourage you to share with us your memories, family photographs and items that tell the story of Polish Jews.
How to donate and item?
- If you would like to contribute to the development of our museum collection, please contact the Collection Department: [email protected], (+48) 22 47 10 326 or (+48) 22 37 93 715.
- The specialists from the POLIN Museum will read your message and ask for details via e-mail or over the phone.
- The decision about admission to the collection is taken during the meetings of the Acquisition Commission.
- After the meeting of the Acquisition Commission, we will inform you of our decision. If we are interested, we will advise you further steps related to accepting the item into the POLIN Museum's collection.
- As part of the entire process, relevant documents need to be signed: a donation agreement signed by the management board of the Museum and a gift transfer protocol.
- If you do not want to part with your memorabilia, there is the option of donating it to a digital collection.
- We also encourage collectors and artists who own works of art related to the Jewish heritage in Poland to contact us.
- With regard to the digital collection, we encourage you to hand over to us the documents and photographs for digitisation, and then, transfer to us the rights to use the digital images for the statutory activities of the Museum. For all information and questions, please send us an e-mail to: [email protected].