Conference venue and organizers:
- the Conference “Interculturalism in historical education” will take place on 20-22 April 2015 at POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews, 6 Anielewicza Street, 00-157 Warsaw.
The Conference is organized by POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews in partnership with the European Wergeland Center in Norway and with support from the Council of Europe.
The conference is open to:
those who register using the registration form.
- those personally invited by the organizers, including expert lecturers and persons conducting workshops.
Registration begins on 25 February and runs until 31 March 2015 or until the limit of participants is reached.
Registration takes place through a registration form available on the website www.polin.pl.
The number of conference participants is 100. The planned number of places: 50 for participants from Poland, 50 for participants from abroad. Applicants will be handled on a first-come-first-served basis.
The conference program comprises the following events:
Project Ideas Exchange (optionally)
Tour of the Core Exhibition (optionally)
Discussions and general lectures
Workshop sessions (selection of workshop required)
Participation in the Project Exchange as a project presenter, the Core Exhibition tour and selected workshops should be indicated in the registration form.
A person registering for one workshop within each of the four workshop blocks should register for one preferred and one backup workshop. Places in a given workshop are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
Some of the workshops will be conducted in English only – this information is included in the program. Other events will be available in Polish and English (interpretation provided).
Participation in the conference is free of charge.
As part of the conference, the Organizer will provide:
- Access to the full program of the Conference
- Conference materials
Meals during the conference (a dinner on the first day, lunches on the second and third day)
The following costs are not covered by the Organizer:
- Travel for the Conference to/from Warsaw
Accommodation during the Conference
If a participant or delegating institution does not have sufficient funds, it is possible to apply to the Organizer for coverage of a part of the travel costs. This should be indicated in the registration form. The subsidies will be granted based on the order in which the applications are received and the number of applications. One organization/institution may receive a travel cost subsidy for one representative only.
- Persons from countries outside the European Union and from countries which do not have agreements with the European Union can apply for coverage of a part of their travel costs on condition of presenting their initiative at the Project Exchange.
List of hotels situated near POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews (up to 15 minutes by public transport):
- Hilton Warsaw Hotel ***** Grzybowska 63
- Radisson Blue Centrum Hotel ***** Grzybowska 24
- Louvres Hortel Golden Tulip **** Towarowa 2
- Campanile Varsovie Hotel *** Towarowa 2
- Ibis Hotel *** Muranowska 2
- Ibis Warszawa Centrum Hotel** Solidarności 165
- Ibis Budget Reduta Hotel * Bitwy Warszawskiej 16
- COCO Hostel Al. Jerozolimskie 107
- El Hostel Smocza 1
Declaration of participation:
By submitting the registration form and obtaining confirmation of acceptance a participant undertakes to take part in the conference. Participation confirmations will be sent to participants by the Organizer successively, during the registration process. A complete list of participants will be announced no later than on 3 April 2015. After that, the conference organizers will begin preparing personalized materials.
Right of publicity:
The Organizer reserves the right to record and publish materials registered in connection with the Conference. Participants grant the Organizer a royalty-free right to use photos and videos with their image, and rights to materials presented and developed by the Participants during the Conference without the necessity of seeking their permission in every case.
Contact and information:
- Program: Ewa Chomicka, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organizational issues: Monika Prus, email@example.com
- Media: Anna Walczak, firstname.lastname@example.org
Supported from the Norway and EEA Grants by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.