Working with migrants and minorities in Poland and Norway. Exchanging ideas, knowledge, and experience
Falstad Centre and POLIN Museum would like to invite activists and educators to a Polish-Norwegian educational program “Working with migrants and minorities in Norway and Poland. Exchanging ideas, knowledge, and experience”. The program consists of two seminars (one in Poland and one in Norway) and optional online meetings.
- Application deadline: 17th of October
- Application Form available HERE >>
As counteracting discrimination and exclusion is an important part of the mission of both institutions, we want to create the space for activists and educators working with migrants and minorities in both countries with the purpose to learn from each other, share experience, knowledge, and ideas.
Participating in the seminars will be an opportunity to get to know professionals from Norway and Poland, to reflect together on the challenges connected to the work with marginalized groups, to discuss the current situation of migrants and minorities in both countries, and to develop intercultural competences.
We hope that this meeting will also create an opportunity to take up the important subject of how to deal with difficult, stressful, and sometimes traumatic situations which can happen at activists’ work. We would like to ask questions how to protect ourselves in crisis situations and how to counteract activist burnout and let participants and organizers share their experiences in this matter.
As participants, you will also have space to get to know the resources of Falstad Centre and POLIN Museum and discuss how they can be applied in the daily work of NGOs and institutions working with migrants and minorities.
Program of the Activities
The program consists of two seminars and optional online meetings:
- 3-day seminar in Warsaw, Poland // November 5th - 7th 2021 (traveling from Norway on the 4th)
During the Warsaw seminar, we will get to know each other, meet several organizations working with migrants and minorities. We plan to create the space to discuss together the current situation of migrants and minorities and challenges connected to work of non-governmental organisations in Poland. There will be time to address the problem of activist burnout as a result of experiencing difficult and sometimes traumatic situations at work. We will also define topics to be discussed during the optional online meetings and the second part of the program in Norway.
- 3-day seminar in Falstad Centre, Norway // March 4th – 6th 2022 (traveling from Poland on the 3th)
In Warsaw, participants will have the opportunity to influence the outline of the seminar in Norway. In addition to following the plan created by the participants, we will also be visiting organizations working with migrants and minorities in the area around the Falstad Centre. As an end of this educational program, the participants will discuss how their gained experience can be used in the future.
- Optional online meetings
The detailed program will be shared with participants invited to the program.
- Eligible applicants:
People working with migrants and minorities in Poland and Norway are invited to apply to participate in the program. Due to a limited number of available places, we will only accept one person per organization/institution (8 participants from Poland, 8 participants from Norway).
- Participation in the seminars is free of charge
- All costs of travel, food, and hotels in Poland and Norway will be covered by the organizers.
- By applying to the program you declare that you will take part in the two parts (one in Poland and one in Norway)
- In the event of an increase in the epidemic threat, the program partially or entirely will be held online
- Application deadline: 17th of October
- Date for results of recruitment :19th of October
- If you have any questions, please contact the program coordinator Magdalena Dopieralska at [email protected]