The core exhibition "1000 years of the history of Polish Jews" is the heart of the core exhibition. We invite you on a journey from the Middle Ages till the present times.
You will find answers to questions such as: where from and when did Jews arrive in Poland, how did our country become a home to the largest Jewish community in the world, how did it cease to be its home and how is Jewish life being revived today? We demonstrate that the history of Polish Jews is an integral part of the history of Poland.
It is difficult to get acquainted with the entire core exhibition during one visit, and it is definitely worthwhile to come visit again. Each time you visit you can tour the exhibition in a different way.
Here are some hints:
- 1000 years is a long time so plan minimum two hours for the visit at the core exhibition. You may take a break any time you like.
- We invite you to tour the exhibition with children – use the reduced price family ticket and the Little POLIN guidebook for children, available at the ticket desk. It is also worth checking if there are special tours for families with children planned for the given month. In all the galleries one may find stories and tasks interesting for children of all ages – you can do your own print using a printing press, or dance the tango. Only the Holocaust Gallery is not recommended for children under 12.
- Many people have enjoyed touring the exhibition with an audioguide. They are available in 13 language versions and can be loaned at the ticket desk.
- On Thursdays touring the core exhibition is free.
- If you cannot visit the Museum and tour the exposition or you feel like returning to it after the touring, we invite you on a virtual tour. The POLIN Museum core exhibition can be toured on the Google Arts & Culture platform.
- For more information on the core exhibition and the history of how it was created please click here >>.
More information on virtual tours available HERE >>