Below are the rules of use of the Resource Center during the COVID-19 pandemic
Valid from December 31, 2021
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, use of the Resource Center is on Thursday and Friday from 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM by prior appointment only.
- An appointment must be made by, at least, 24 hours prior to the planned visit by emailing [email protected]. The date of the visit is considered to have been set after receiving confirmation via email. Resource Center staff have the right to refuse permission for a visit without providing any reason.
- The making of an appointment, as per point No.1, must include a list of materials which the user intends to use during the visit to the Resource Center. If this list is not included, the Center staff have the right not to issue it. Library catalogue >>
- A maximum of seven people may be present in the Resource Center at any one time – all maintaining a social distance of two metres. Resource Center staff have the right to allocate specific work positions for all users. Every change of work position must be agreed to by Resource Center staff.
- Resource Center users are required to disinfect their hands before entering the Resource Center and must wear their own protective mask during their entire time in the Resource Center. When working at computer stations, should use their own headphones or headphones as indicated by Resource Center staff. The Museum provides free disinfectant and plastic gloves. Protective masks can be purchased at the Museum’s reception desk.
- Resource Center staff disinfect each work station (desk, chair, keyboard, mouse, headphones and monitor) before and after each user’s visit.
- Individuals with symptoms such as a runny nose, cough or high temperature must not enter or remain in the Resource Center.
- Resource Center users may utilise databases accessible at the computer stations and from the book collection.
- Items from the book collection (including reference books) are only provided from a Resource Center staff member.
- Upon completion of their work, users must return all books, provided to them, to the place as indicated by Resource Center staff.
- After they have been returned by the user, the books are quarantined for 72 hours. During that period, it is not permitted to make them available again.
- Resource Center users may use their own devices (laptop, smartphone, headphones, etc.).
- Genealogical and historical consultations, with Resource Center staff, are limited to five (5) minutes. Consultations requiring addition engagement may only be conducted via email to [email protected].
- The Resource Center does not provide maps, leaflets, brochures, promotional material and business cards. The "Makrofilm" utility is also not available for use.
- Resource Center staff on duty are required to maintain a two (2) metre distance from all users and are also required to wear gloves, a face mask/shield and must remain behind a plastic partition.
- For matters not covered by these regulations, the Museum’s overall regulations will apply, including the Library Regulations.
- Use of the Resource Center indicates the user’s acceptance of the above Regulations.