The American Day
The KARTA Center Foundation, the US Embassy in Poland, and POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews would like to invite you to an event titled, “The American Day.” It is a one-day program, open to the public and held under the auspices of the US Embassy in Poland - in the context of the 40th anniversary of KARTA.
- 10 May (Tuesday), 12 PM-4 PM CET
- POLIN Museum
- Program >>
The purpose of the event is to present Polish-American relations in the years 1917-2022, focusing in particular on the role of the United States in Poland's regaining independence in 1918, supporting the democratic dimension of Polish statehood, and now - the defense of peace.
Points of reference will include: The "Declaration of Admiration and Friendship for the United States" (1926), the publication, "Lobbyists. Western Advocates for Polish Independence" (with main participation of American testimonies), Poland's admission to NATO (1999), and now the ongoing war in Ukraine.
The program of events includes 3 parts:
- Block "Education for Democracy" (free admission)
- Open Days (admission free)
- Official events (TVN 24 and TVN 24 BIS broadcasts)
High school students, undergraduates, graduates, teachers, lecturers are especially invited to participate in the "Education for Democracy" block and Open Events. The event will include presentations of educational and scholarship programs and a book fair, as well as panels, inspiring lectures, a film and exhibitions - all devoted to key events in Polish-American relations between 1917 and 2022.
Visit the website of the organizer and Facebook event page >>
Organizer: KARTA Center
Co-organizers: Embassy of the United States, POLIN Museum
Main Event Partner: Raytheon Technologies
- Polish-American Fulbright Commission
- Kosciuszko Foundation Poland
- Center for American Studies of Warsaw University
- History Meeting House
- Polish-American Freedom Foundation
- Harvard Club of Poland
- MIT Club of Poland
- Cultural Center Stare Babice
- Cultural Park Association Transatlantic Radio Broadcasting Center
- Solski Communications
- National Academic Exchange Agency
Main media patrons: TVN24, TVN24 BiS
Media patrons: Onet, Polityka, Rzeczpospolita