Polin Academy Summer Seminar (PASS) - recruitment!
The POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews in Warsaw begins recruitment process of 12 educators for the second edition of Polin Academy Summer Seminar (PASS) that will take place in July, 5 th -12th 2015. The main theme of this year’s edition will be dedicated to migrations of people in XX Century.
PASS is an program organized by the POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews for educators, teachers, and guides working in the fields of Jewish history and culture. In 2013, with the support of Phyllis Cook and The Boeing Company, two pilot programs took place for a group of 40 educators from the United States and Canada.
Drawing on the success of the pilot programs, the Museum would like to invite teachers and educators from Europe and Poland to take part in the project during summer of 2015. It will be a unique learning opportunity for educators coming from various background to explore the educational potential of the Core Exhibition. It will also be a great opportunity to share experiences and create educational strategies that will most effectively disseminate the wealth of knowledge contained in the Core Exhibition to international visitors.
Seminar will take place for 8 days in July 2015. Approximately 12 educators from Poland (6 educators) and others European countries (also 6 educators) will gain in-depth knowledge of the Core Exhibition and explore its educational potential.
Educators will be selected on the basis of prior experience in Poland or Europe, a demonstrated commitment to curriculum design/evaluation, and a background in the humanities. Educators will be expected to serve as ambassadors in their home institutions, and will commit to spread their experiences at the Museum to their coworkers.
- gain a unique experience in the newly-opened Core Exhibition of Polin Museum
- create educational opportunities for international study tour groups to the Museum
- learn about the potential of incorporating the Museum’s materials for school curricula
- interact with international educators and share experiences
application form (you can find it below), CV and recommendation letter must be submitted by March 31st, 2015, please send all documents via email:
Karol Kwiatkowski, [email protected], (0048) 792969573
- Recruitment results will be announced by April, 20th 2015
- The final programme of International Summer Seminar will be forwarded nearer the time
- All of the workshops will be conducted in English. Required language expertise at b2 minimum
- All information provided will be kept confidential
- The entire cost of ISS in Poland is subsidized by the organizers – including the cost of the international travel to Warsaw, accommodations, meals, seminar materials and local transport
- Persons qualified for the seminar are obliged to participate in all days of the event
Supported from the Norway and EEA Grants by Iceland, Lichetenstein and Norway