Call for Applications: GEOP Interdisciplinary Research Workshops 2023
POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews calls for proposals for the Global Education Outreach Program (GEOP) Interdisciplinary Research Workshops for 2023. We invite scholars and academic institutions to propose three-day research workshops to be held at POLIN Museum.
The aim of this initiative is to create an interdisciplinary community of scholars and foster international conversation in Jewish Studies.
We welcome proposals on any topic and discipline as long as they pertain to Polish-Jewish Studies. These include history, cultural studies, music, art history, public history, museology, memory studies or related fields. We welcome applications that represent novel approaches and innovative perspectives, in particular, interdisciplinary and comparative methodologies.
- The workshop should be centered around research presentation, allowing ample time for discussion and a dynamic exchange of ideas between participants. However, any kind of event (film screenings, debates, outdoor activities) conducive to the production of higher quality engagement with the subject matter is acceptable and encouraged.
- The workshop should include an element of engagement with the general public. This could take the form of a lecture or a panel debate. Other creative forms of contribution to the Museum’s activities are welcome.
- The workshop should clearly foster international cooperation. The GEOP aims to bring together scholars from Poland and from abroad to ensure the development of a new generation in the field of Polish-Jewish studies. Therefore participants should not all be from the same country, and must include some Polish participants in the workshop.
- The organizers must gather institutional partners, though these partners do not need to provide financial support. As part of the application, organizers should have official approval from one international and one Polish institution to serve as partners of the workshop.
- The organizers should have clear ideas about the outcomes of the workshop and its benefits for the field of study.
POLIN Museum provides venues and organizational support before and during the event free of charge. Additionally, we offer to cover the costs of accommodation and meals during the workshop. However, financial contributions provided by the Museum must be met with equal measure from the organizers and their partners. The Museum’s total financial contribution cannot exceed $7000.
Application process and deadline:
To be considered for funding in 2023, please submit the completed application form (application form in accessible version) with letters of intent from all institutional partners outlining the extent of cooperation to: geopworkshop[email protected] no later than 31 October 2022.
Decisions will be announced by 1 December 2022.
Before beginning your application, please get acquainted with the Regulations for the recruitment and course of the program of the GEOP Interdisciplinary Research Workshops [PDF] >>
For more information, please read the Frequently Ask Questions, e-mail GEOP workshops administrator at [email protected] or visit our website. Applicants are welcome to consult us informally before submitting the application.
Global Education Outreach Program was made possible thanks to the Taube Philanthropies, the William K. Bowes, Jr. Foundation, and the Association of the Jewish Historical Institute of Poland.