GEOP: Distinguished Lecture Series
Within GEOP, POLIN Museum invites eminent international scholars of Jewish history and culture to deliver public lectures.
Scholars take part in the doctoral seminar and meet with colleagues in Poland. Their visits encourage contacts between Polish and international academic communities.
- Prof. Daniel Kupfert Heller - Two Fatherlands? Right-Wing Zionism and the Politics of National Belonging in Interwar Poland
Prof. Lisa Appignanesi - Daily madness. On mourning, rage and psychoanalysis
Dr. Stephan Stach - Minority rights – how did the Second Polish Republic cope with them?
- Elyakim Rubinstein - How Did We Negotiate Peace for Israel?
- Dr. Sharon Geva - Women in Israel: Myth and Reality
- Prof. Anna Landau-Czajka - Zionism in Poland, Poland in Zionism
- Dr. Michał Trębacz - How to draw the attention of an indifferent world? Szmul Zygielbojm’s struggle to stop the extermination of Jews
- Prof. Shlomo Avinieri - Theodor Herzl and his vision of a Jewish state: ideas and the reality
- Prof. Gabriella Safran - How Jewish Jokes Migrated
- Prof. Itamar Rabinovich - Icchak Rabin. The Ultimate Native Born Israeli Leader
- Prof. Atina Grossmann - Shelter from the Holocaust: Rethinking Polish-Jewish Survival in the Soviet Union
- Prof. David Engel - Independence for Whom? Jews and the New Political Order in Eastern Europe after 1918
Prof. Eyal Naveh A Budding State: Aliyah, Kibbutz, Urbanization
Prof. Timothy Snyder The Holocaust History and the Future of Europe – a lecture
Prof. Anita Shapira David Ben Gurion and his way to independence
- Prof. Evyatar Marienberg: What is Niddah? Menstruation in Judaism
- Prof. Federico Gobbo: Is it Possible for all People to Speak the Same Language? The Story of Ludwik Zamenhof and Esperanto
- Prof. Judah Cohen (Indiana University Bloomington), What is Jewish music?
- Prof. Antoni Sułek, (University of Warsaw), Researcher – Witness – Storyteller. Preserving the local memory of the Jewish Holocaust
- Prof. Moshe Idel (Jagiellonian University) - What is Kabbalah?
- Prof. Tsvia Walden, (Ben-Gurion University), How Did Hebrew Become an Everyday Language?
- Prof. Natan Sznaider, (Academic College of Tel-Aviv Yaffo) Is There a Jewish Politics of Holocaust Remembrance?
- Prof. David Biale, (University of California) A People That Dwells Alone? Jewish History and the Culture of a Minority
- Prof. Michael Steinlauf (Gratz College in Philadelphia), What Does That Dybbuk Want? A Century of Remembering and Forgetting
- Prof. Zvi Eckstein, (Tel-Aviv University) Quills over ploughs. Why were there so few Jewish farmers?
- Professor Nancy Sinkoff (Rutgers University), The Jew and the Prince: Mendel Lefin and Prince Adam Kazimierz Czartoryski. The Case Study of the Relations between Aristocracy and Jews
- Professor Shaul Stampfer (Hebrew University), Are Jews Descendants of Khazars?
- Dr. Uri Huppert, Who is a Jew?
- Professor Moshe Rosman (Bar-Ilan University), Where Did Hasidism Come From?
POLIN Museum Lectures at Partner Institutions PDF HERE >>
This program was made possible thanks to Taube Philanthropies, the William K. Bowes, Jr. Foundation, and the Association of the Jewish Historical Institute of Poland.